The Board of Directors of EUBIA will present for the fifteenth time the EUBIA Award for the advancement of Biomass Industry. The winner is a representative who, in the opinion of the Selected Committee, has made an outstanding contribution to the advancement of the Biomass industry and its market.
It is with great pleasure that EUBIA, the European Biomass Industry Association, announces the winner of the EUBIA Award 2017.
The winner is the British company
Amec Foster Wheeler
At a glance some facts about Amec Foster Wheeler:
- 160+ years of history, operating in more than 55 countries with around 35,000 people
- Amec Foster Wheeler serves the Oil, Gas & Chemicals, Mining, Power & Process and Environment & Infrastructure markets globally
- Offers consultancy, engineering, project management, operations and construction services, project delivery and specialised power equipment services to customers worldwide, in both the private and public sector
EUBIA addresses its Industry Award 2017 to Amec Foster Wheeler specifically for the following considerations:
- Concern about climate change is a key factor for developing and implementing renewable energy solutions today, and the use of biomass in power generation can contribute significantly to reducing emissions of carbon dioxide.
- Amec Foster Wheeler has contributed since 1970 in developing advanced Circulating Fluidized Bed, the CFB technology for solid biomass fuels.
- The extensive development has resulted the CFB technology’s established position as a viable and efficient industrial, as well as utility-scale boiler technology.
- The fuel flexibility of CFB technology allows the utilization of a wide range of renewable and waste fuels and fuel mixes, helping to reach a goal of reduced greenhouse gas emissions.
- When power plant projects are considered, efficiency, environmental performance and lately also the operational flexibility, have become the key issues.
- The continuous development work has resulted in establishing a leading position of Foster Wheeler in large-scale combustion technology with latest reference, 299 MWe newbuilt CFB boiler in Teesside, UK, firing wood pellets and chips with high efficiency and environment friendly.
- The CFB technology has been proven to be capable of meeting these goals in utility boilers with specialised designs for biomass firing.
Our congratulations are addressed to Amec Foster Wheeler for their contribution to high efficiency CFB technology, that indicates lower fuel consumption and also lower levels of ash and air emissions, including lower emissions of carbon dioxide.
The EUBIA Award 2017 will be handed over to Patrik Sundqvist, acting on behalf of Amec Foster Wheeler.